NIWA and Fisheries New Zealand Scholarships
In collaboration with NIWA, Fisheries New Zealand is offering scholarships to both Masters and undergraduate students.
2020 Masters Scholarships in Quantitative Fisheries Science
Scholarships for Masters students in the field of quantitative fisheries science, particularly stock assessment modelling or marine ecosystem modelling.
Applicants with majors or minors in mathematics, statistics, computing or biology are encouraged to apply. Applicants with a strong quantitative background, particularly in applied statistics or computer programming, combined with marine biology will be favoured.
- $20,000 per year for up to 2 years
How to apply:
- Read the full description on the Fisheries New Zealand/NIWA Masters Scholarships in Quantitative Fisheries Science
- Download and complete the Masters scholarship application form
- Send the completed form to email@example.com
- Stage 1- Application part I for the 2020 academic year must be submitted by 3 October 2019
- Stage 1 successful applicants will be notified by 17 October 2019
- Stage 2 - Application part II to be submitted by 7 December 2019
2020 Undergraduate scholarships in Quantitative Marine Biology
Fisheries New Zealand is offering undergraduate scholarships to students interested in a double major in mathematics or statistics combined with biology or marine biology.
Applicants enrolled in a minimum of 1 statistics or mathematics course in 2nd year, and 2 statistics or mathematics courses, as well as a marine biology course in 3rd year are eligible and encouraged to apply. Applicants with a strong quantitative background will be favoured.
- $5000 to support the final year of an undergraduate degree or an Honours year
How to apply:
- Read the Fisheries New Zealand Undergraduate scholarship in Quantitative Marine Biology information sheet
- Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications for the 2020 academic year close 30 November 2019